domenica 21 maggio 2017

The time I was being scammed by a “Neiman Marcus headhunter” guy

I generally get lots of collaboration requests through Facebook and emails thanks to all the sites supporting emerging designers in which I have signed in and shared my work.

Yes this actually happened! A guy name “Ronald” contacted me saying he was headhunter selecting new designers to incorporate some of their pieces for Neiman Marcus in a special project they were developing with Japanese business contacts. Certainly after reading this I went out of my mind, because that's like the golden opportunity for a designer, to have some of your garments displayed in a store as important as that one! And to finally start a production and open the door to new deals.

The worst about this thing is that I actually believed it so much that I wasn't able to think it could be a scam, I thought this was going to be my chance, but after some considerations of my family and friends, I started to doubt….

I especially had my friend in the States calling Neiman Marcus contact line to ask about my situation. To know if it was true that Ronald worked for them. Well…


They told me I was being scam. Can you believe it? Thanks God I never made the production of the 600 pieces they wanted to me to make with their Panamanian “manufacturer”. Thanks God I didn't pull out any money of my pocket for this… I just hope people like that get what they deserve in life, as for the emerging designers who are struggling with me. Keep going, just bear with it, someday we'll have our reward…

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento