martedì 5 dicembre 2017

When fashion collaborations go all wrong...

One day I was contacted by this sweet girl from the costume department of a film called “sweet dreams” directed by a very important Italian director… Some of my dresses were supposed to be appearing in the scene that they were going to shoot in Sarajevo. I was thrilled with this news. This girl had to move all around Rome to collect all my dresses because I wasn’t in the city at the moment, I was in Venezuela for that period, but for me, this was a great opportunity and I couldn’t miss it so I had to called to Italy to my mother in law and tell her to please grab some of the dresses they were interested of and give them to this girl. Same thing I did with my ex-boss, I had to call her to please help me because other dresses where at my work place in Rome, I felt totally embarrassed to ask my boss to do a personal favor but she was so nice she did! She made a box with those dresses to give them to the girl from the costume department.


The dresses flew to Sarajevo and came back save. I was so happy! I had to wait a whole year and a bit more to see the premiere of the film. When I did, I took my mother in law to the movie theater, and I was ready to record a small video with my cellphone of the part of the movie where my dresses where supposed to be at…Well, surprise! My dresses didn’t appeared at all…Devastation! It was so painful for me to come out of the cinema with tears in my eyes and my broken heart full of shame. 

I contacted the girl and she obviously didn’t know anything about it because she changed jobs and the film company never told her about the decision of putting or not my dresses in the scene. They obviously didn’t care about the emerging designer who is eager to feel they had finally hit a great opportunity. They even made me sign a contract... where it said the name of my brand was going to be in the credits and they were going to take a picture of the outfits in the set and send it back to me…Now I understand if you aren’t going to use the dresses is ok but at least INFORM ME ABOUT IT!  That way I don’t go around the world spreading the word about it. It’s what I call to be polite and sensitive, but I guess you don’t get that from everybody…

I don’t like closing my arguments in a bad way with any of my topics, so I’m going to say, yes! Some collaborations go a bit different from what you expected but if you are a designer, don’t stop doing it, because at the end you can say you did everything you could! 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento